Monday 5 April 2010

Finished my Easter cross stitch in the nick of time!!!

This project seemed to take me forever to get finished and at the end it was a case of getting it done rather than stitching because I enjoy it ;-) I am really pleased with the finished design and the frame I found to mount it in. I removed the glass so you can properly see the stitching and added a little flower charm. It is my mum and dad's Easter pressie and they really liked it. I think my mum will have it somewhere in their house all year!!!

This is the chart I used, I love Lizzie Kate, my favourite company for cross stitch designs. I changed the pink wording to green.
Supplies:
Fabric - from stash
Chart - Lizzie Kate purchased from Sew and So
Threads - The Gentle Art and DMC
Charm - The Hobby House

10 comments:

  1. Well done. I bet your Mum & Dad were thrilled with this - it's gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely. What a lot of work you've put into it. I'm glad you managed to finish it in time. I abandoned cross stitch a few years ago and have a large Lavender & Lace bride which I really ought to do as it was a present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really lovely, bet your parents were made up :) Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so so nice. I think I would be like your Mum and have it on display all year round xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great piece of stitching, no wonder your parents loved it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow that is great and makes a great present x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is fantastic! your parents are so lucky!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cross stitch and I love the touch of adding a little charm. I'm sure your mum and dad loved it. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete